Medusa's Low-Carb Cheese Biscuits Recipe!
Only 1.20 carbs each!
350 degrees F. for 17 minutes
Yield: 15 – 2” biscuits
1/4 cup water
½ cup whipping or heavy cream*
2 tablespoons oil (not olive oil)
1-1/2 cups soy/soya protein powder or whey protein powder (unflavoured or vanilla) ( NOT soy flour or almond flour! )
2 tablespoons baking powder
½ teaspoon (or more) garlic powder
1-1/2 cups grated/shredded cheese (cheddar or cheddar/mozzarella mix, etc), firmly packed in measuring cup
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and heat oven to 350 degrees F. (180 degrees C.).
2. In a medium bowl, add the eggs, water, whipping cream and oil. Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
3. In a small bowl, mix thoroughly together the soy or whey protein powder, baking powder, and garlic powder. Then add the grated/shredded cheese, and again mix thoroughly.
4. Gradually stir the dry mixture into the egg mixture, stirring quickly until the mixture is just blended. Be careful not to overmix. The mixture should be the consistency of muffin or tea-biscuit dough.
5. Working quickly, with a tablespoon drop two rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the parchment paper to form each biscuit. As the biscuits do not spread very much during baking, you can place the tablespoonfuls fairly close together.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 17 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet. [Note: Even right out of oven, toast lightly before eating, and slather with butter :^) ]
7. Store in refrigerator. To reheat, just place in a toaster oven on “Toast” for 4 or 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Only 1.2 carbs!